A repost of an old post that I took down now that I have tightened up security a little bit.
Tired!
This is going to be a whiny, grumpy, moany, post. I promise there won't be too many, but with 13 days of school left and major stuff left to be settled, I must just vent.
I'm tired of being the bad guy. I'm tired of saying no. I'm tired of trying to figure out how to distribute limited resources fairly to those who need them most, and not to those who are the loudest. I'm tired of trying to fix years of educational dysfunction with a laptop, a computer program, or a report. I'm tired of waiting for paperwork, doing paperwork, and reading paperwork. I'm tired of trying to figure out who believes what, why, and whether they can handle an opposing view point. I'm tired of walking on tiptoes. I'm tired of trying to figure out exactly what a least restrictive environment is, what an IEP is, what an amendment is, what is an acceptable MCAS accommodation, and just how my services should appear in an IEP. I'm tired of trying to figure out what inclusion is, and I'm tired of hearing, "Even with all this support he/she is still not producing grade level work." I'm tired of hearing about the next big thing in education, RTI, PBL, NCLB, H1N1, The Whole Child... Oh wait, I've got it, how about, just, "Be a decent, dedicated, humanistic, thoughtful, caring, human being, who likes children, and does what's best for them to the best of your ability and knowledge, using all of their strengths while supporting and working on their weaknesses." (Yes I know it's more complicated than that, but it's a good starting point don't you think?) I'm tired of taking a stand then feeling badly about it, even after 20 years of teaching, I will still tuck my tail between my legs and hide in the corner at the slightest retort.
I'm tired of driving around looking for parking spots. I'm tired of driving around in general. Is it possible to have tendonitis from driving? (Right under my knee just kills sometimes when I drive.) I'm tired of hearing I have to leave my laptop at the store for 24 to 48 hours in order to have my hard drive swapped out when I could do it myself except for one teeny tiny little screw that refuses to come out!
I'm tired of worrying about how to be in 2,3, or more places at once, and how to justify my inability to do so. Despite my size, I am not able to subdivide and bilocate, and although many have said, "We need more than one of you!" would you really, if you know me? Even if you don't, after reading the last few paragraphs would you? (Truthfully, I will have help next year! Yeah!!!!!)
Alright, I am almost tired of being tired. I did some retail therapy this afternoon, so I will post this and do a post about some of the cool stuff I found.
BUT, to summarize, I am ready for VACATION!
eileen
P.S. I'm tired of worrying about whether I should hit the post button.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment